In Florida our kids have a yearly state exam called the FCAT. It is always up for debate how helpful/harmful this exam is (I can argue for hours) but the fact is that a lot is dependent on the scores your child gets on this exam. Both of my kids are taking it in a couple of months and we have never really prepped for it before, but we decided that this year we should. I emailed Preston's English teacher and asked him for any advice...he suggested that Preston write. Write about anything. I had just received an email a few days before from one of my favorite websites, Paper Coterie about a full year's worth of writing prompts that they had made and you could print at home. Perfect! I headed over to print them out and cut them into strips. I didn't go overboard decorating Preston's jar or notebook since he seems to think he is too old and too macho for that kind of thing now.
And since I can always use a little help in the prompt world too, here are this weeks photo prompts from ProjectLife365:
1. SIMPLICITY- morning coffee and reading the good book
2. FRONT DOOR- my cat waits for me while I'm gone, my hubby swears he is part dog
3. IN A DRAWER- my desk drawer, as clean as it is ever going to be
4. GAME- always been a favorite in our house, the matching game
5. SIGNATURE- my signature shot...the one most requested at photo shoots
6. MINI- my nephew Owen, although there is nothing mini about those cheeks